A lot of young people talk about making an impact….someday. How about making impact right now? We dare you.
- Someone who cares about changing the world for the better?
- Interested in tech, biology, personal development or other somewhat nerdy pursuits?
- Curious about the world?
- Looking for other people into the same things as you?
If any of the above apply to you - YOU just might be who we’re looking for to join our Amazon AHEAD program, powered by TKS.
Inspiring young students from all backgrounds to pursue their #STEM passions – and providing them with the proper tools, education, and resources to do so – is critical to increasing diverse representation in tech. Amazon has created,AHEAD (Amazon, Hardware, Embedded, ArtificialIntelligence, Design), a program that aims to inspire and motivate underrepresented students to develop and pursue their interests in technology. This fall AHEAD is partnering with The Knowledge Society (TKS) to offer a fully-funded 10-month STEM program for students ages 14-17 focused on innovation.
This program is designed to engage historically underrepresented youth residing in the Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay, or Washington, D.C. (D.M.V.) metro areas.
All scholars will meet the following criteria:
1. Ages 14-17
2. Designed for historically excluded youth, including Black, Latinx, and Native American students and those that identify as female
3. Reside in the Los Angeles, SanFrancisco Bay, or Washington, D.C. (D.M.V.) metro areas (or be willing to find own transportation to the two in-person sessions)
4. Have a desire to learn about emerging technology and make an impact
5. Participate in a 10-month program from September 2022 - June 2023 (1×3hr virtual session each week with your cohort + approx. 5 - 7hrs self-scheduled time each week)
6. Attend two in-person sessions over the 10month program
7. No prior tech or coding experience required
Amazon AHEAD participants will attend two in-person sessions at Amazon corporate offices
In-person sessions will include:
• A half-day experience (5 hours each)
· An Empowerment Speaker Series with guest speakers from Amazon sharing insight on their career pathway
· Hardware/Software demos byAmazon Engineers Technological lectures delivered by Amazon subject matter experts
· Hands-on activities focused on reinforcement of virtual STEM courses
· Students will receive education on STEM careers and opportunities available for professionals that continued on their STEM-learning journey
The TKS Innovate program is modelled after curriculums from Harvard, Stanford, and MIT, and designed to replicate the learning environments of Google and Facebook. Hands on training and world class coaching are combined to give our Innovators a learning environment that is completely different from traditional school.
TKS students have earned internships at companies like IBM/Microsoft/Neuralink as young as 14 years old, started companies at over $70M valuations, gotten full-ride scholarships to leading programs like UNC's Morehead-Cain, and spoken in front of 10,000+ people on global stages like Web Summit, SXSW, CES, etc, and even been recognized by organizations like the World Economic Forum.
More information about the TKS Innovate program can be found here.
In addition to the regular Innovate curriculum, Amazon AHEAD scholars will attend 2 in-person sessions at Amazon tech centres.